Tuesday, September 8, 2009

the gravity of what we're going toward

As I get closer to the move to Tulsa, I find my head full, with no less than one thousand thoughts per second. I'm finding it difficult to concentrate on anything lately. I just finished reading in my one-year bible this morning, but I struggled the whole time to focus. I read in the books of Isaiah, 2 Corinthians and Psalms, but in addition to those books I was thinking about opening bank accounts, budgets, setting up offices, renting meeting space, how to meet and connect with people in Tulsa, work-week structure, future staff, structures to integrate interns . . . it goes on and on. I only scratched the surface.

I would guess this is normal for a church planter. Perhaps it's normal for anyone who's in the midst of selling one home, buying another and moving their family across the country. It just feels heavy and tiresome as of late. I would greatly appreciate your prayers.

I still feel like the luckiest man on earth to be called to such a great thing as this life I live!

Jason Fitch - Lead Pastor

No comments:

Post a Comment