Thursday, April 29, 2010

what a difference a day makes

It's funny how the thing you love can become the thing you hate.  The last few weeks have been very intense.  Mostly planning, meetings, traveling, speaking, raising money . . . all for our new church.  I love this church.  I put my heart and soul into it daily.  But, from time to time, I just get full.  I hit a wall.  I don't want to think, hear or talk about the church.

That's where I got to on Tuesday this week.  It hit me quickly and hard, but by Tuesday evening, I did not want to do one more thing or think one more thought about Freedom Valley Church.  Going to bed on Tuesday, I dreaded Wednesday morning.  The office was a mess and there were 1001 things to do before this weekend's service.

What a difference a day makes; a day with God, that is.  Yesterday morning I knew it was time to disconnect from all the "to dos" and reconnect to the one who can do anything of real value.  I needed a day to live my life and enjoy my God.  I read, I prayed, I wrote some notes in my journal, I got Mexican food, I got ice cream.  Then it happened.  The wall went away.  I felt all my love and vision and energy come back.

As I write this from my messy office, where there are still 1001 things to do, I feel rested and excited about the things I hated yesterday.  What a difference a day makes . . . when you spend it with God.

Jason Fitch - Lead Pastor

3 comments:

  1. Jay you are an incredible man of God and I am so glad to have spent time with you and your family. i appreciate you ability to look at life be real and practice Godly standards. We are continuiously praying success for you. Hang in there and God will bless you.

    Mary Stanlry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary and Charity. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete