Tuesday, December 15, 2009

day with God - what if . . .

I spent yesterday doing the best I know how just connecting with my Creator. I left my computer at home and had my phone off all day. Those things helped, but I still need to practice this habit of being alone with God. I need to find a good place to be or something. Yesterday, I mostly drove around and stopped here and there. Some reflections from my time "unplugged":

  • If I'm going to lead a church well, I need to lead my family well. I've struggled so much with the inherent chaos our family has been in with selling our home, living in a temporary one and then moving cross-country. The truth is that I've done a poor job coping and I've not been a very kind person to my wife and boys. That is changing, beginning yesterday.
  • As I drove around, I found some comfort in going to and going by the places I had memories from . . . old houses I'd lived in, old schools, etc. I think I heard God tell me to stop going back to the familiar places. This time around I'm a whole new man and God is creating a whole new identity. That scares me just a little.
To be honest, I'm a little scared on a few levels. I love Tulsa, but I feel like a stranger in a strange land. My mind goes to so many "what ifs". What if . . . some of our launch team does not come to Tulsa as planned . . . I don't do a good job networking with people here . . . we don't raise enough money. So many "what ifs".

Here's one God hit me with (and I love this one). What if all that happened but I still followed His call and pulled ever closer to Him. Well, if that all happened, things will be just fine.

Transition is difficult and scary. I desperately need and love your prayers at this time. Thank you!

Jason Fitch - Lead Pastor

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for being real and REAL honest with your emotions. Right there, shows anyone who you really are. REAL.
    You'll make a great leader for that Tulsa area.
    Geeee, i believe you already are a leader there and in your home!!!!
    Have you ever eaten bread that wasn't given enough time to RISE? Maybe you just need to sit back and RISE awhile. Especially since you have had so many changes in such a short period of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post. Great, honest stuff. Your focus is in the right place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jason! My prayers are with you. I love you and your family very much. It's great to hear from you, and I look forward to hearing about all the crazy ways God works through your lives!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for these comments. Helps me feel like I'm on track and not going crazy :)

    ReplyDelete