Monday, December 7, 2009

update from Tulsa!

Wow, the last week has been an absolute blur . . . on a scale that I've not experienced before. I'm sitting in my living room on my second morning in Tulsa and I am finally beginning to feel some of the excitement in my spirit that I was hoping for.

Can I tell you something. Moving with 4 little boys is quite an undertaking. But, we are beginning to settle in just a bit. We now own a refrigerator and and groceries. Unfortunately, that refrigerator is too tall for the cabinet opening in our kitchen and I need to take a half-inch off the bottom of the cabinet, so if anyone is skilled with a jigsaw (and owns one) let me know. We have our washer and dryer hooked up and laundry is being washed and dried. We have a table and chairs in the kitchen, so meals don't have to be eaten on the floor. Things are slowly but surely being set up. We register Colin and Liam for school today and they start tomorrow (I hope :)

The best thing? For the first time in several days, I spent some time this morning reading God's Word. Man, that is such life to me. Just look at this :

Hebrews 4:12 - 13 - For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God. Everything is naked and exposed before his eyes, and he is the one to whom we are accountable.

I can't wait for the rest of our team to join us here in Tulsa. More updates to come

Jason Fitch - Lead Pastor

No comments:

Post a Comment